Thanks to our friend, Norm Khoury of Cassidy Turley, for sharing the 2011 Handbook of Living a Balanced Life. The start of the year is a good time to remind us of these thoughts.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner
like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less
food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2010.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 30 minute walk daily. And while you walk, smile!
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their
journey is all about.
12. Eliminate negative thoughts and things you cannot control.
Instead invest your energy in the positive and in the present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Know your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake!
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner of his/her
mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are part of the curriculum; they appear and fade away but the lessons you learn last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day do something good for others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. For a learning experience spend some time with people over the
age of 70 & under the age of 8.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business .
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends
will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful, or joyful.
34. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
36. The best is yet to come.